I’m responsible for the student volunteers of the XP 2012 conference in Malmö, Sweden. The XP 2012 is a big international conference about agile software development. If you are a student and want to join the conference, this might be an opportunity for you. The following is simply a repost of the content that I put up at the XP 2012 home page in the volunteer section. So if you are interested in joining a big international conference about agile software development in order to meet with representatives from research and industry read the following text (or check out the link) and contact me! Oh and yes, of course I’ll attend as well 🙂
Do you want to go to the XP 2012 conference? Does the conference fee seem to be over your budget? Are you a student? Then you can be a student volunteer for the XP 2012 conference!
What requirements do I have to fulfil in order to become a student volunteer?
In order to become a student volunteer you need to:
- be a student
- speak English fluently, Swedish (Pratar du svenska?) would also be good, but not necessary
- be interested in agile methodologies and development practices
- be able to pay for your travel expenses and accommodation yourself, as unfortunately we can not pay for this. If you don’t know how to get to Malmö or where to sleep please feel free to contact us.
What do I get as a student volunteer?
As a student volunteer you get:
- free admission to the conference – the full conference normally costs 10995 Swedish crowns (~1240€), even as an early bird
- the opportunity to listen to a wide variety of talks about software development from leaders of the field from both research and industry
- contact to people from research and industry – including possible future employers
- insight into the organization of a large scale event
- free food at the conference
- a T-Shirt
- the printed proceedings of the conference
What do I have to do as a student volunteer?
As a student volunteer it is your task to:
- help preparing the venue for the conference
- help with organizational tasks before and during the conference
- help guide visitors of the conference to the right places
- be present in the conference rooms and help with technical problems
It is our goal to have enough student volunteers so that not everybody has to be on duty all the time, so you can take a break and visit the talks and presentations you are interested in.
If you are interested or have any questions please feel free to contact me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are worried about travelling to Malmö or finding accommodation also feel free to contact me, maybe I can help you or we can get a group discount at a Hostel.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the registration process for a student volunteer?
Simply send me an email, that is enough to get registered as a student volunteer if we still need student volunteers. If you get an email from me confirming that you are accepted as a student volunteer, then this is enough.
How many student volunteers do you need?
The number of student volunteers we need is highly dependent on the number of attendants of the conference. Once we have enough student volunteers, applicants will be put on a waiting list in case we decided that we need more student volunteers or in case somebody got sick.